In September 1933, 152 students began the school year in a newly constructed building in Roanoke. The original William Fleming High School consisted of five high school classrooms, one elementary classroom, a library, a reception room, a chemistry laboratory, two locker rooms, an auditorium, & an office. In 1961 the school was moved to its present location & in 1989, eight auxiliary classrooms were added. In 2009 Moore’s Electrical & Mechanical was awarded the opportunity to partner with J.M. Turner to construct a new $57 million building next to the existing facilities. The new building allowed the school to raise enrollment to 1,664.
Moore’s completed mechanical & plumbing installation for this project well under the nearest competitors’ price.