In 1999, the leadership at Moore’s began giving 10% of its profits annually to organizations in an act of obedience to Biblical principles. Although Moore’s had some financial struggles at that time, the Company stepped out in faith, believing it was the right thing to do. God has blessed that step of faith & has allowed Moore’s to give more each year.
Our intent is to instill purpose not only in the hearts of our employees but in the lives of those we touch. Over the years our organization has grown and through donations of time, money and experience, our people are improving the lives of the less fortunate and are building better communities.
The Moore's Charitable Foundation supports:
- Christian organization
- Food & shelter
- Health & human services
- Youth programs
The Moore’s Charitable Foundation desires to assist youth & Christian organizations by providing funds that will further the mission of developing the young people who are our future. We look forward to streamlining and better serving our employees in processing their charitable giving requests.
It is important to note that Moore's Electrical & Mechanical coordinates a majority of its upcoming fiscal year by developing a "giving plan" based on requests received throughout the current year. Requests may be submitted throughout the year, but must be sumbitted at least 30 days prior to an event.
Please note that all guidelines must be met. Furthermore, a cover letter containing all pertinent information must accompany your completed Charitable Foundation request. Requests must be received at least 30 days in advance of the event. While all requests will be considered, unfortunately a request does not guarantee that Moore's Electrical & Mechanical will be able to fulfill your request.
If we can be of assistance to you in other ways, do not hesitate to contact us. As it states in Proverbs, “as iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.”
Requests we consider:
- Moore's Electrical & Mechanical will give special attention to charities that promote the well-being of children.
- Your organization benefits the communities in the areas we work or serve.
- Your organization targets economic development in our area, brings business or jobs to our communities or any organization that helps low income or "under-served" individuals.
Requests we will not consider:
- Assist individuals raising money to go on a trip where the benefit is not to a team, school or the community, but to the individual (example: student ambassador programs, student leadership conferences, cheerleader competitions, etc.)
- Assist individuals seeking pledges for charity walks.
- Schools, Churches and organizations that are outside of our business area.
- Contributions for events / activities that have already occurred.
- Political organizations or candidates for public office.
- Requests that are sensitive, controversial/harmful, or pose a potential conflict of interest to Moore's Electrical & Mechanical.
Email your requests to: email@example.com
Or you can mail your request to:
Moore's Electrical & Mechanical Charitable Foundation P.O. Box 119 Altavista, VA 24517
Please note that we are unable to accept requests over the phone.
The following items need to be included when making requests for funds:
- Date of request / Date response needed
- Name of Group/Organization
- Full address of Organization
- Person Making Request & Contact information
- Website address
- Purpose of organization
- Explanation of project & use of funds
- Type of request (cash, sponsorship, if there are different levels of giving)
- Explanation of how funding will promote the Moore's Vision
- Will there be any advertisement/promotion featuring Moore's Electrical & Mechanical? If so, please describe and list what format you wish to receive our logo as well as where to email our logo.